Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Testimony.

I guess I should at least post my testimony. I am 24 as of this posting. I was an avid cusser, a drinker, and a very horrible boyfriend to my now wife. I love you sweetheart. I played a video game. World of Warcraft. I have been playing that game since it was first released and prior to that because I was in what they call the BETA testing. I helped test the game prior to its release and had been playing it since Nov. 23 2004.

The nature of the game is fun, but its unbeatable and there is always something to do that you haven't done yet. I would stay up all hours of the night and leave my wife in bed to just sleep alone while I stared at tiny pixels on a computer monitor. I would neglect family gatherings, and would sometimes not feel like going to church and while I was "sick," sit there and play this game for the rest of the day and into the night. 4+ years I have been doing that. I quit the game after realizing the devils grasp on me and the day after I quit, the Spirit moved me to create this blog to show people the Word of God.

Alot of people say, "Oh a video game? That can't be that horrible of an addiction, at least you weren't out driving cars intoxicated or on the streets smoking drugs and such." No I wasn't thank God, but I was neglecting things that demanded attention as a man. I would call out from work sometimes just to play this game!

Take this for example. My wife took vacation for a week to spend time with me and her family, I decided to hold off taking vacation until the expansion of this game came out so I could spend the WHOLE week playing the new game. Pathetic? I agree.

That is my testimony. I was addicted to something legal and played by many, yet was still addicted and acted like an addict and worse. God helped me draw away from that, and now I am a minister for God.

God bless your hearts, I love you all. I hope more out there who were playing this game with me can see what it really is. And just like with alcohol, some people have no problem, some people can control it. I couldn't and got rid of it. There were people who I knew who could play the game 2 hours a week and be content. If I didn't play for 4+ hrs a day I was deprived and starved.

I gave my life to Christ on Febuary 4th 2009 at around 7:58 PM. I was married to my girlfriend of 3+ years March 28th 2009. I accepted my calling as a minister July 23 2009. I wouldn't trade one second of what I have now for a guilty pleasure as I used to have.

And just a reminder, the church website is now up. It is very basic, but its up with a little bit of info. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment